The Goonies ‘R’ Good Enough, and so Is the Sound Track!
The Goonies is a cult-classic 1985 American adventure comedy movie directed by Richard Donner and produced by Steven Spielberg. The film’s soundtrack is a fun one that perfectly complements the film and includes songs by various artists. If you’re a Goonie, you probably know the soundtrack by heart, but just in case, here it is.
- “The Goonies ‘R’ Good Enough” by Cyndi Lauper
- “Eight Arms to Hold You” by Goon Squad
- “I Got Nothing” by The Bangles
- “Wherever You’re Goin’ (It’s Alright)” by REO Speedwagon
- “She’s So Good to Me” by Luther Vandross
- “What a Thrill” by Cyndi Lauper
- “Save the Night” by Joseph Williams
- “Theme from The Goonies” by Dave Grusin
These songs were not only featured in the movie but most of them were also included in the official Goonies soundtrack album released in 1985. The soundtrack album also included additional instrumental music composed by Dave Grusin.
Of course, Cyndi Lauper is probably the best-known of these artists. Cynthia Ann Stephanie Lauper is a renowned American singer, songwriter, actress, writer, and activist, and her career has lasted over 40 years. Her debut album, “She’s So Unusual.” was the first debut album by a female artist to be in four of the top-five hits on the Billboard Hot 100, including “Girls Just Want to Have Fun”, “Time After Time,” “She Bop”, and “All Through the Night.” This accomplishment earned her the Best New Artist award in 1985 at the 27th Annual Grammy Awards. Her second record, True Colors, included the number-one singles “True Colors” and “Change of Heart”, which peaked at number three on the Billboard Hot 100 list. In 1989, she had another hit with “I Drove All Night.” What is Cyndi Lauper up to recently?
- Music: Cyndi Lauper continues to make music and perform at live shows. In 2020, she released a blues album titled “Detour” and a single called “Hope” to raise funds for COVID-19 relief efforts.
- Acting: She has also appeared in a few television shows and some movies in recent years. In 2018, she had a recurring role on the television series “Magnum P.I.,” and in 2019, she appeared on the Netflix show “Queer Eye.”
- Broadway: Ms. Lauper wrote the music and lyrics for the movie “Kinky Boots” and won a Tony Award for Best Original Score for her work. She has also been involved in other Broadway productions, including “Working” and “The Threepenny Opera.”
- Activism: She is an iconic advocate for LGBTQ+ rights and many other social issues and has worked diligently for decades to improve social justice. She is the founder of the True Colors Fund, a nonprofit organization that works to end homelessness among LGBTQ+ youth.
- Writing: In 2020, Cyndi Lauper released her autobiography titled “Cyndi Lauper: A Memoir,” which tells her compelling life story and her experiences in music and activism.
If you still can’t get enough of The Goonies, you’re in luck! Check back here to Clatsop News SOON for an exciting announcement! You don’t want to miss it!