ClatsopNews is expanding our writing team and looking for writers who love to create articles about everything from local attractions to profiles on local businesses. We’re looking for writers who seek to tell stories about what it’s like to live, work and play in Clatsop County and be a part of the fastest growing media company in Western Washington.
ClatsopNews publishes positive stories about people, businesses and organizations doing good things in communities around Clatsop County. Our stories are published online and distributed via social media to over 3,200 Facebook followers. Our community social network reaches people who want to know about great things happening around the community.
- Proven experience creating error-free articles on deadline
- Ability to interview and interface with local business owners
- Interest in writing business articles
- Flexibility to conduct interviews during regular business hours, sometimes in person
- Capacity to create anywhere from 1 – 10 business articles per month as needed
- Skills to snap quick photographs during interviews to submit with stories
- Initiative to pitch story ideas on a monthly basis
- Sincere passion for sharing the positive stories happening in our community