On May 22, at 12:00 noon, North Coast Christian School will be dedicating the Alicia Hess Memorial Court. Mayor Henry Balensifer will be officiating.
The court was erected in memory of Alicia Hess and for the benefit of all the children of our community that Alicia loved.
NCCS wants to thank the Hess family and friends for dedicating all donations in memory of Alicia to construct this basketball court. The court will be open for public use any time the school is not in session and has lights for evening play.
We especially want to thank the following businesses and organizations that did so much to complete this project.
- Seaside All Rents (Excavation equipment and labor)
- Home Depot (Concrete reinforcement materials)
- Dave Newman and Astoria Rescue Mission (Prepping, pouring and finishing concrete)
- Columbia Housewarmers (Pouring and finishing the concrete)
- Astoria Granite Works (Labor to install hoop and monument)
- Salmi Boat Yard (Labor to prep and finish landscaping)
- Restoration Pruning (Landscape materials)
- Numerous parents and students that helped as well.
The funds to build this facility were provided by friends and family who loved Alicia and wanted her memory to live on. Alicia loved big in every situation and always encouraged her “Be good to each other.”
Alicia was a loving wife, mother, grandmother, missionary, youth-pastor, and an extraordinary friend to everyone she met. It is believed she had the world’s record for the most best friends.
Inspiring us to all things great, her legacy lives on.
She will be forever loved.