ClatsopNews is expanding its writing team. Join our team of paid, professional writers that live, work and play in Astoria, Warrenton, Seaside, Cannon Beach and throughout Clatsop County.
If you have a love of writing and enjoy connecting with people, take a leap and send in your resume and writing sample for our team.
ClatsopNews publishes positive stories about people, businesses and organizations doing good things in communities across Clatsop County. Our stories are published online and distributed via social media. Our community social network reaches people that want to know about great things happening around us.
Apply your creativity, meet new people around the community, explore things that you are interested in, and contribute to a locally owned, growing business. Some writers compose multiple stories each month, others write just one – and everything in between. The position is very flexible, based on a writer’s time availability and interests.
- Interest in sharing positive stories about Clatsop County
- Ability to conduct in-person interviews and interface with people who live, work and play in Clatsop County
- Interest in writing business articles as well as feature stories
- Skills to snap photographs during interviews to submit with stories
- Initiative to pitch story ideas on a monthly basis
- Sincere passion for sharing the positive stories happening in our community
- Submit a resume in Word format to email@example.com.
- Include 200 words (or less) about why you love your community.