Turn the calendar to 2018. Your ClatsopNews team is excited about the future. 2017 marked our first year of publishing positive stories about what it’s like to live, work, and play in Clatsop County including Astoria news, events, and profiles of people that make this community strong. Besides ClatsopNews, you can find our sister sites at WhatcomTalk, SouthSoundTalk, ThurstonTalk, LewisTalk, ClarkCountyTalk and GraysHarborTalk.
Thank you for responding to our community social network and joining as a subscriber on Facebook and Twitter. The ClatsopNews community social network links neighbors. As always, we love hearing from our readers with story ideas, constructive criticism and positive feedback. Drop us a line anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here’s a look back at 2017 and what we accomplished in our first year of publishing.
Top 5 Most-Read Stories in 2017
- Warrenton’s Jen and Thomas Stevens Celebrate Paying Off $118,000 in Debt
- Astoria Inupiat Woman Reminisces About Her Hometown of Wales, Alaska
- Joshua Conklin: Making of a Small Town Star
- One Girl’s Gift: Young Teslyn Wintersteen Donates Her Hair to Wigs for Kids
- The Naked Lemon – Downtown Astoria Bakery Off to a Successful Start
I appreciate hearing positive news of our community. – Patty D.
Top 5 Search Terms that Drive People to Visit ClatsopNews.com
- clatsop current news
- astoria oregon news
- events in seaside oregon
- cannon beach events next 14 days
It is just plain nice to have REAL news! You simply report… refreshing. – Debi M.
Writer’s Favorite Stories of 2017
Our paid, professional writing team includes 8 regular contributors. Consider joining our freelance writing team by sending a resume and 200-word writing sample to email@example.com. We have room for your voice on our site.
- My favorite article to work on one was “Nikki Sasso and Josie Morinville Reflect on the Power of Dance.” It was such an honor to sit down and talk with these two young ladies and learn how they have turned personal obstacles into opportunities to lift the community up. They were an inspiration. – Wendi Agalzoff
- My favorite story was about Jen and Thomas Stevens overcoming debt. I personally have known Jen for over 20 years and I was so inspired by her discipline and drive to accomplish what seemed like an impossible feat. I loved their positivity and outlook for the future. – Lisa Lamping, founder
- I enjoyed Wendi Agalzoff’s story of Claire Ogren. I liked it because it gave a really positive picture of Claire as a right person doing that job. Also, the article had nice perspective about how the residents liked her. The story was very inspirational and well written. – Annamaria Morrill
ClatsopNews is a digital media company sharing positive stories about people, places and businesses in Clatsop County, Oregon. ClatsopNews offers content marketing and online options across our Community Social Network to advertise in Astoria, Seaside, Cannon Beach and beyond. Advertise with ClatsopNews to reach your target market, grow your brand, and measure results.